1. Introduction: Why Do Public Services Challenge the European Union?
2. From Rome to Lisbon: SGIs in Primary Law
3. The Commission’s Soft Law in the Area of Services of General Economic Interest
4. Article 106 TFEU is Dead. Long Live Article 106 TFEU!
5. The Definition of a ‘Contract’ Under Article 106 TFEU
Grith Skovgaard Ølykke
6. Social Services of General Interest and EU Law
Johan W. Gronden
7. Universal Service Obligations: Fulfilling New Generations of Services of General Economic Interest
Jim Davies, Erika Szyszczak
8. Public Service Obligations: Protection of Public Service Values in a National and European Context
9. Public Private Partnerships and Government Services in Least Developed Countries: Regulatory Paradoxes
10. Universal Service Provisions in International Agreements of the EU: From Derogation to Obligation?