Cozzens, Susan E.
Nanotechnology and the Challenges of Equity, Equality and Development
1. Contexts of Equity: Thinking About Organizational and Technoscience Contexts for Gender Equity in Biotechnology and Nanotechnology
2. Women and Patenting in Nanotechnology: Scale, Scope and Equity
Yu Meng, Philip Shapira
3. Potential Implications for Equity in the Nanotechnology Workforce in the U.S.
4. Exploring Societal Impact of Nanomedicine Using Public Value Mapping
Catherine P. Slade
5. Ableism and Favoritism for Abilities Governance, Ethics and Studies: New Tools for Nanoscale and Nanoscale-enabled Science and Technology Governance
6. i Will Go Further
7. Nanotechnology and the Extension and Transformation of Inequity
Georgia Miller, Gyorgy Scrinis
8. Nanotechnology and the Sixth Technological Revolution
9. Innovation, Growth, and Inequality: Plausible Scenarios of Wage Disparities in a World with Nanotechnologies
Walter D. Valdivia
10. Metropolitan Development of Nanotechnology: Concentration or Dispersion?
Jan Youtie, Philip Shapira
11. The Role of Organized Workers in the Regulation of Nanotechnologies
Guillermo Foladori, Edgar Zayago Lau
12. ETUC Resolution on Nanotechnologies and Nanomaterials
13. Materializing Nano Equity: Lessons from Design
14. Public Perceptions of Fairness in NBIC Technologies
15. Equity and Participation in Decisions: What Can Nanotechnology Learn from Biotechnology in Kenya?
16. Nanotechnology: How Prepared Is Uganda?
17. Nanotechnology and the Poor: Opportunities and Risks for Developing Countries
Todd F. Barker, Leili Fatehi, Michael T. Lesnick, Timothy J. Mealey, Rex R. Raimond
18. Science Policy and Social Inclusion: Advances and Limits of Brazilian Nanotechnology Policy
19. The Potential of Nanotechnology for Equitable Economic Development: The Case of Brazil
Luciano Kay, Philip Shapira
20. Open Access Nanotechnology for Developing Countries: Lessons from Open Source Software
21. Southern Roles in Global Nanotechnology Innovation: Perspectives from Thailand and Australia
Donald C. Maclurcan
22. How Can Nanotechnologies Fulfill the Needs of Developing Countries?
David J. Grimshaw, Lawrence D. Gudza, Jack Stilgoe
23. Technical Education and Indian Society: The Role of Values
Raghubir Sharan, Yashowanta N. Mohapatra, Jameson M. Wetmore
24. Keeping the Dream Alive: What ELSI-Research Might Learn from Parliamentary Technology Assessment
Rinie van Est
25. Nanotech Ethics and the Policymaking Process: Lessons Learned for Advancing Equity and Equality in Emerging Nanotechnologies
Evan S. Michelson
26. Building Equity and Equality into Nanotechnology
Susan E. Cozzens
Keywords: Social Sciences, Social Sciences, general, Nanotechnology, Ethics, Quality of Life Research
- Cozzens, Susan E.
- Wetmore, Jameson
- Publication year
- Yearbook of Nanotechnology in Society
- Page amount
- 30 pages
- eISBN (PDF)