V. Lynn Meek, Leo Goedegebuure, Rui Santiago, Teresa Carvalho
2. Academic Middle Managers Under the New Governance Regime at Austrian Universities
3. The Changing Role of Academic Leadership in Australia and the Netherlands: Who Is the Modern Dean?
V. Lynn Meek, Leo Goedegebuure, Harry Boer
4. Academic Middle Managers and Management in University Colleges and Universities in Belgium
Jef C. Verhoeven
5. The Roles and Responsibilities of Middle Management (Chairs and Deans) in Canadian Universities
Lydia Boyko, Glen A. Jones
6. Middle-Level University Managers in Italy: An Ambiguous Transition
7. Presidents and Deans in French Universities: A Collective Approach to Academic Leadership
8. From Democracy to Management-Oriented Leadership? The Manager-Academic in Norwegian Higher Education
Ingvild Marheim Larsen
9. New Public Management and ‘Middle Management’: How Do Deans Influence Institutional Policies?
Teresa Carvalho, Rui Santiago
10. UK Higher Education: Captured by New Managerialist Ideology?
11. The New University: What It Portends for the Academic Profession and Their ‘Managers’
Jack H. Schuster
12. The Changing Nature of Academic Middle Management: A Framework for Analysis
Harry Boer, Leo Goedegebuure, V. Lynn Meek