1. Intensive Care for Elderly Patients: Clinical, Ethical and Economic Considerations
Marco Dei Poli, Marco Resta
2. Is It Still Worth Treating At-Risk Patients with Perioperative Goal-Directed Haemodynamic Therapy?
3. Abdominal Compartment Syndrome and Fluid Replacement: A Dog That Bites Its Own Tail?
Massimo Girardis, Emanuela Biagioni
4. Acute Liver Failure in Intensive Care
Andrea Gasperi, Patrizia Andreoni, Stefania Colombo, Paola Cozzi, Ernestina Mazza
5. Diuretics in Intensive Care: Positive and Negative Aspects
Pasquale Piccinni, Silvia Gramaticopolo
6. Perioperative and Intensive Care Management of Haemorrhage: The Opinion of the Haemathologist
7. Hypercapnic Acidosis in Protective Mechanical Ventilation (a Tolerated Compromise or Another Means of Protection?)
8. Are We Sure We Are Using Drugs Correctly in Critical Patients?
9. The Problem of Decontamination of the Digestive Tract and Gastric Acid Suppression in Intensive Care
10. Renal, Cardiac and Pulmonary Involvement in Patients with Supraventricular Tachycardia: A Typical Holistic Vision by an Intensive Care Physician
11. VAP (Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia)
Davide Chiumello, Tommaso Fossali
12. Mechanical Ventilation in Patients with Acute Severe Asthma
Davide Chiumello, Sara Sher