1. Defining GERD in Asia: Different from the West?
Justin Che-yeun Wu
2. Epidemiology of Gastroesophageal Reflux in Asia
Shobna Bhatia, Deepak Kumar Gupta, Prashanth Vennalaganti
3. Reasons for the Rise of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease in Asia
Khean Lee Goh
4. Pathophysiology and Acid Production Different in Asians: Different from the Western People?
Noriaki Manabe, Ken Haruma
5. Diagnosis of GERD: Clinical, pH, and Impedance—What Is the Best Approach?
Hiroto Miwa, Takashi Kondo, Takahisa Yamasaki
6. Role of Endoscopy and Novel Imaging in GERD
Rupa Banerjee, Duvvur Nageshwar Reddy
7. Medical Treatment for GERD in Asia
Michio Hongo, Julius Carlo R. Rustia
8. Investigations and Treatment of PPI Refractory GERD
Kwong Ming Fock
9. Surgical Treatment for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) in Asia
Sally Wai Yin Luk, Philip W. Y. Chiu
10. Barrett’s Esophagus in the Asian Population
Khek Yu Ho
11. Extra-esophageal GERD: Myth or Reality?
Somchai Leelakusolvong, Ratha-korn Vilaichone, Varocha Mahachai
12. Terminology and Cultural Issues in the Diagnosis and Treatment of GERD in Asia
Hardik Parikh, Philip Abraham
13. Future of GERD Research in Asia
Srinivas Gaddam, Prateek Sharma