Kyriakos N. Demetriou
2. Contemporary Political Participation Research: A Critical Assessment
3. The Post-Welfare State and Changing Forms of Political Participation
4. The Rise of the “Pleasure Citizen”: How Leisure Can be a Site for Alternative Forms of Political Participation
Sarah Riley, Christine Griffin, Yvette Morey
5. “Parties with No Members?”: How to Ensure Political Participation in East Central Europe
6. Gender and Political Participation in Western and Eastern Europe
7. Trust and Openness: Prerequisites for Democratic Engagement?
Sofie Marien, Henrik Serup Christensen
8. “From Athens to Athens”. Europe, Crisis, and Democracy: Suggestions for a Debate
9. EU Democracy and E-Democracy: Can the Two Be Reconciled?
10. The Internet as a New Channel for Political Participation?
11. Transnational Citizenship as Status, Identity and Participation: Comparative Assessment
Mari-Liis Jakobson, Leif Kalev
12. Political Participation and Non-democratic Political Culture in Western Europe, East-Central Europe and Post-Yugoslav Countries
13. Political Engagement Among the Youth: Effects of Political Socialization Across Europe
Steve Schwarzer, Dylan Connor
14. The Impact of Socio-economic Status on Political Participation
Ellen Quintelier, Marc Hooghe