1. Evidence-based Management of Patients with Respiratory Failure: An Introduction
A. Esteban, A. Anzueto, D. Cook
2. Mechanical Ventilation: Epidemiology and Outcomes
A. Esteban, N. D. Ferguson, F. Frutos-Vivar
3. Ventilator Modes: Which do we use and how should we use them?
F. Frutos-Vivar, N. D. Ferguson, A. Esteban
4. Management of Patients with Respiratory Failure: An Evidence-based Approach
L. Gattinoni, D. Chiumello, F. Vagginelli
5. What is the Utility of Monitoring Pulmonary Mechanics in the Treatment of Patients with Acute Respiratory Failure?
S. Benito, M. Subirana, J. M. García
6. What are the Best Methods for Weaning Patients from Mechanical Ventilation?
S. K. Epstein
7. Venous Thromboembolism in the ICU: What is the Epidemiology and What are the Consequences?
D. Cook, M. Crowther, M. Meade
8. Non-invasive Ventilation: How, when, for whom, and what outcome?
9. Pulmonary Recruitment in Acute Lung Injury
L. Blanch, A. Villagra, J. Lopez-Aguilar
10. Lung-Protective Ventilation Trial: A Comparison of Physiologic Effects and Patient-important Outcomes
M. O. Meade, N. Adhikari, K. E. Burns
11. Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases: What is the impact of bronchodilators, corticosteroids and antibiotics?
12. Ventilator-associated Pneumonia: What are the Accuracies and the Consequences of Different Diagnostic Methods
A. Torres, S. Ewig
13. Are the Most Simple Methods Still Useful in Preventing Respiratory Infections?
14. Tracheostomy in Patients with Respiratory Failure Receiving Mechanical Ventilation: How, when, and for whom?
C. Apezteguia, F. Ríos, D. Pezzola
15. The Use of Sedation and Neuromuscular Blockade: The Effect on Clinical Outcome
B. Jonghe, B. Plaud, H. Outin
16. Current Clinical Trials in Acute Lung Injury
M. O. Meade, K. E. Burns, N. Adhikari
17. Novel Advancements in the Management and Diagnosis of Acute Respiratory Failure
C. C. Santos, A. S. Slutsky
Printing: not available
Clipboard copying: not available
Keywords: MEDICAL / Public Health MED078000