The second edition of the "Basel IV" handbook is updated with all publications up to March 2018 and also extensively enhanced with additional details, examples and case studies. The aim is to convince the reader that we are facing a new framework called "Basel IV" and not just a fine adjustment of the existing Basel III regulations. This book covers all new approaches for the calculation of RWA:
- the standardised approach (CR-SA) and the IRB approach for credit risk,
- the new standardised approach for counterparty credit risk (SA-CCR),
- both the standardised approach and internal models approach from the "fundamental review of the trading book" (SBA and IMA)
- the basic approach (BA-CVA) and standardised approach (SA-CVA) for the CVA risk,
- all new approaches (SEC-IRBA, SEC-ERBA, SEC-SA, IAA) for securitisations (incl. STS),
- the approaches for the calculation of RWA for equity positions in investment funds (LTA, MBA, FBA)
- the new standardised approach for operational risk (SA-OpRisk)
Because of the strong relation to the Pillar I requirements, the second edition covers the topics of interest rate risk in the banking book (IRRBB), large exposures and TLAC again. Additionally, the book contains a detailed description of the Pillar III disclosure requirements.
With the aid of a high-profile team of experts from countries all over the globe, the complexity of the topic is reduced, and important support is offered.
Keywords: standardised approach; risk; revision; credit; exposures; sector; public; banks; instruments; real; estate; real estate; mismatch; positions; risk weights; currency; additional; external; use