the field, including biochemical aspects. The chemistry chapters are organized according to the different reactivities of various selenium
compounds and reagents, with each chapter dealing with a special reaction type.
Also includes a table with 77Se NMR shifts to aid in practical problems.
From the Contents:
* Electrophilic and Nucleophilic Selenium
* Selenium Compounds in Radical Reactions
* Selenium-Stabilized Carbanions
* Selenium Compounds with Valency Higher than Two
* Selenoxide Elimination and [2,3]-Sigmatropic Rearrangement
* Selenium Compounds as Ligands and Catalysts
* Biological and Biochemical Aspects of Selenium Compounds
Keywords: Methods - Synthesis & Techniques, selenium-based methods, chiral selenium electrophiles, asymmetric synthesis, complex target molecules, Organoselenium compounds, Organometallics, catalytic chemistry, bioinorganic chemistry, biochemistry, organic chemistry