showing how to use the techniques for investigating physical and chemical properties on the nanoscale and how they can be used for a wide
range of soft materials. It concludes with a section on the latest techniques in nanomanipulation and patterning.
This first book to focus on the applications is a must-have for both newcomers and established researchers using scanning probe microscopy
in soft matter research.
From the contents:
* Atomic Force Microscopy and Other Advanced Imaging Modes
* Probing of Mechanical, Thermal Chemical and Electrical Properties
* Amorphous, Poorly Ordered and Organized Polymeric Materials
* Langmuir-Blodgett and Layer-by-Layer Structures
* Multi-Component Polymer Systems and Fibers
* Colloids and Microcapsules
* Biomaterials and Biological Structures
* Nanolithography with Intrusive AFM Tipand Dip-Pen Nanolithography
* Microcantilever-Based Sensors