The issues discussed at this landmark conference were:
* Noncovalent Assemblies: Design and Synthesis
* Template Synthesis of Catenanes and Rotaxanes
* Molecular Machines Based on Catenanes and Rotaxanes
* Molecular Machines Based on Non-Interlocking Molecules
* Towards Molecular Logics and Artificial Photosynthesis
* From Single Molecules to Practical Devices
In addition, and this is probably the most novel feature of the book, comments, discussions and debate will constitute a substantial part of each chapter, in accordance with the tradition of Solvay Conferences.
Can be clustered ideally with Balzani, Feringa, MacGillivray and the planned book on nanoscale self assembly.