This revised and updated monograph offers a broad synoptic description of beams in accelerators and other devices with negligible to strong space charge effects. The book develops material in a systematic way and discusses the underlying physics and validity of theoretical relationships, design formulas and scaling laws. Assumptions and approximations are clearly indicated throughout.
The new edition of Theory and Design of Charged Particle Beams has significant additional content, which covers experiments, theory, and simulation in beam physics research since 1993, when the first edition was published. It includes the University of Maryland Electron Ring for studying space-charge dominated beams in rings and re-circulators.
From the Contents:
- Review of Charged Particle Dynamics
- Beam Optics and Focusing Systems without Space Charge
- Linear Beam Optics with Space Charge
- Self-Consistent Theory of Beams
- Emittance Variation
- Beam Physics Research from 1999 to 2007
Keywords: SCIENCE / Nuclear Physics SCI051000
- Reiser, Martin
- John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- Publication year
- Wiley Series in Beam Physics and Accelerator Technology
- Page amount
- 674 pages
- Natural Sciences
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN