Among the new topics of this second edition are
- semiclassical and quantum-classical hybrid formulations of molecular dynamics
- the basics of femtosecond nonlinear spectroscopy
- electron transfer through molecular bridges and proteins
- multidimensional tunneling in proton transfer reactions
- two-exciton states and exciton annihilation in biological and nonbiological chromophore complexes
More illustrating examples as well as an enlarged reference list are added. A new chapter gives an introduction into the theory of laser pulse control of molecular transfer processes.
Keywords: SCIENCE / Molecular Physics SCI074000