This modern textbook offers an introduction to Quantum Mechanics as a theory that underlies the world around us, from atoms and molecules to materials, lasers, and other applications. The main features of the book are:
- Emphasis on the key principles with minimal mathematical formalism
- Demystifying discussions of the basic features of quantum systems, using dimensional analysis and order-of-magnitude estimates to develop intuition
- Comprehensive overview of the key concepts of quantum chemistry and the electronic structure of solids
- Extensive discussion of the basic processes and applications of light-matter interactions
- Online supplement with advanced theory, multiple-choice quizzes, etc.