Praise for the previous edition:
“Contains something for everyone involved in lubricant technology” — Chemistry & Industry
This completely revised third edition incorporates the latest data available and reflects the knowledge of one of the largest companies active in the business. The authors take into account the interdisciplinary character of the field, considering aspects of engineering, materials science, chemistry, health and safety. The result is a volume providing chemists and engineers with a clear interdisciplinary introduction and guide to all major lubricant applications, focusing not only on the various products but also on specific application engineering criteria.
- A classic reference work, completely revised and updated (approximately 35% new material) focusing on sustainability and the latest developments, technologies and processes of this multi billion dollar business
- Provides chemists and engineers with a clear interdisciplinary introduction and guide to all major lubricant applications, looking not only at the various products but also at specific application engineering criteria
- All chapters are updated in terms of environmental and operational safety. New guidelines, such as REACH, recycling alternatives and biodegradable base oils are introduced
- Discusses the integration of micro- and nano-tribology and lubrication systems
- Reflects the knowledge of Fuchs Petrolub SE, one of the largest companies active in the lubrication business