Part I. Concepts: Biopolitics and Biopower
1. Biopolitics and Biopower: The Foucauldian Approach and Its Contemporary Relevance
Part II. Applications: Contemporary Biopolitics and Bioethical Issues
2. From Biopower to Empower – How to Get Plump, or Why Do We Choose What We Choose?
3. Biological or Democratic Citizenship
4. Chronic Disorders of Consciousness and
5. Biopolitics and the Longevity of Left-Handers
6. The “Me Molecule”
Part III. Connections: Bioethics and Biopolitics
7. Can Boethics Escape from Biopolitics?
Henk ten Have
8. Bioethics as Politics
9. On the Relationship Between Bioethics and Biopolitics: What Bioethics Can Learn from Biopolitics