Part I. Equality and States: Are Some States More ‘Equal’ than Others?
1. The Principle of Equality Among Member States of the European Union
Lucia Serena Rossi
2. Equality Among Member States and Differentiated Integration in the EU
Jan Wouters, Pierre Schmitt
3. The Acknowledgment of the Direct Effect of EU International Agreements: Does Legal Equality Still Matter?
Part II. The Structural Aspects of the Principle of Equality in the EU
4. The Procedural and Institutional Dimension of EU Anti-discrimination Law
Elise Muir, Bruno Witte
5. Lessons from the Recent Case Law of the EU Court of Justice on the Principle of Non-discrimination
6. Differentiating Equality? The Different Advancements in the Protected Grounds in the Case Law of the European Court of Justice
Part III. Equality in Specific Policy Domains of the EU
7. Equality for Citizens in the EU: Where Did All the Flowers Go?
8. Access to Healthcare in the European Union: Are EU Patients (Effectively) Protected Against Discriminatory Practices?
9. Reverse Discrimination in EU Law: An Internal Market Perspective
10. Human Trafficking, Equality, and Access to Victims’ Rights