1. Introduction: Awkward Partners in the North?
Malin Stegmann McCallion, Alex Brianson
2. As Awkward as They Need to Be: Denmark’s Pragmatic Activist Approach to Europe
3. Re-Assessing Finland’s Integration Policy: The End of Domestic Consensus?
Hanna Ojanen, Tapio Raunio
4. Swedish Awkwardness à La Carte? The Difference a Question Mark Can Make
Malin Stegmann McCallion
5. From ‘Awkward Partner’ to ‘Awkward Partnership’? Explaining Norway’s Paradoxical Relations with the European Union
Stefan Gänzle, Thomas Henökl
6. Iceland: The Dominant Party in Thrall to Its Past Discourse
7. Conclusions—Awkward Nordics and the Study of Regional Integration