Part I. Theorizing the Practice of Citizenship
1. What Is the Use of an Ethical Theory of Citizenship?
2. Varieties of Citizenship and the Moral Foundations of Politics
Part II. Citizenship and Attachment
3. Civic Motivation and Globalization: What Is It Like to Be a Good Citizen Today?
4. The Affective Dimension of Citizenship: A Platonic Account
Emma Cohen De Lara
Part III. Citizenship and Conscience
5. Conscientious Citizenship: Arendt and Aquinas on Conscience and Politics
Angela C. Miceli Stout
6. An Ethical Defense of Citizenship
Part IV. The Ethics of Citizenship in a Multicultural Society
7. Confucian Citizenship of Shared Virtue
8. From Social Practices to Reflective Agency: A Postsecular Ethics of Citizenship
9. Liberal Citizenship and the Search for an Overlapping Consensus: The Case of Muslim Minorities
Andrew F. March