Part I. Setting the Scene
1. Whither Women Graduates in the Knowledge Economy?
2. Women in American Higher Education: A Descriptive Profile
3. Women in Chinese Higher Education: Educational Opportunities and Employability Challenges
Zhou Zhong, Fei Guo
4. Women, Leadership, and Organizational Culture in Higher Education: Lessons Learned from South Africa and Ghana
Reitumetse Obakeng Mabokela, Yeukai A. Mlambo
Part II. Adjusting to Change
5. Gender and Academic Work at a Dutch University
Liudvika Leišytė, Bengü Hosch-Dayican
6. Female Academics in Greek Higher Education: Issues of Organizational Change, Economic Crisis and Social Responsibility
7. Managing Modern Malaysia: Women in Higher Education Leadership
Louise Morley, Madeline Berma, Bahiyah Dato’Hj. Abdul Hamid
8. Women of Color Advancing to Senior Leadership in U.S. Academe
Belinda Lee Huang
9. Women’s Place in Academia: Case Studies of Italy and Switzerland
Gaële Goastellec, Massimiliano Vaira
Part III. Gender Equality?
10. Gender Equality in Academic Career Progression: A Matter of Time?
11. Women and Gender Equality in Higher Education?
Miriam E. David
12. Women Academic Researchers: Still Interlopers in the UK Academy?
13. Women Teaching Languages in Higher Education: Voices from the European Union
14. Early Career Women in Academia: An Exploration of Networking Perceptions
Terhi Nokkala, Bojana Ćulum, Tatiana Fumasoli
15. Beyond the Academic Glass Ceiling: Notes on the Situation of Women Professors in Brazil
- Eggins, Heather
- Publication year
- The Changing Academy – The Changing Academic Profession in International Comparative Perspective
- Page amount
- 28 pages
- Upbringing, Education
- eISBN (PDF)
- Printed ISBN