1. Seeing Through the MIST: New Contenders for the African Space?
Part I. Theoretical Directions and New Geographies: Space, Time and Accumulation
2. Theorising Emerging Powers in Africa within the Western-Led System of Accumulation
3. The BRICS in Africa: Agents of Development?
4. Emerging Powers in the Southern Maritime Space
Raymond Steenkamp Fonseca
Part II. The BRICS in Africa
5. Conceptualising the Dialectics of China’s Presence in Africa
6. Nehru’s Neoliberals: Draining or Aiding Africa?
Ian Taylor, Justin Merwe, Nicole Dodd
7. New Dynamics or Old Patterns? South–South Cooperation Between Brazil and Angola
8. Guns and Poseurs: Russia Returns to Africa
Alexandra Arkhangelskaya, Nicole Dodd
9. South African Corporations in BRICS: New Waves of Entrepreneurial Thinking?
Part III. Emerging Powers Beyond BRICS
10. South Korea in Africa: Exporting an ‘Economic Miracle’ or ‘Imperialist Mimicry’?
11. Turkey’s Political-Economic Engagement With Africa
12. Indonesian Engagements with Africa and the Revitalised ‘Spirit of Bandung’
13. Conclusion: How New is the ‘New Wave’?