1. The Story of Aggressive and Violent Peasant Elites in the North
Part I. Confronting the Authorities with Violence
2. Peasants and the Political Culture in Norway (c. 1400–1700)
3. Did the Rich Lead the Poor to Rebel in the Finnish Peasant Revolts of the 15th–17th –Centuries?
Part II. Aggressive Transactions with the Authorities
4. What Kind of Interaction Was There Between Norwegian Peasants and Danish Authorities in the Period Between the Nordic Seven Years’ War (1563–1570) and the 1640s?
5. A State of Aggression? Swedish Peasant Elites and the Art of Bargaining During the Nordic Seven Years’ War (1563–70)
6. The Lost Political Uprisings
Part III. Conflicts within the Communities
7. Violence and the Peasant Elite in Lower Satakunta (1550–1680)
8. The Fordell Family: A Struggle for Trade After Three Generations in Power
9. Conclusion: Resisting, Cooperating, and Fighting
Ulla Koskinen, Knut Dørum, Mats Hallenberg, Johan Holm, Kimmo Katajala, Tiina Miettinen, Øystein Rian