Improving Patient Outcomes is aimed at ward and department leaders and prospective leaders. The evidence for effective team working and its impact on patient care is readily available and as a leader you do not have to make enormous changes to the way you work to have an effect. All the chapters link with each other but they also stand-alone. You are not expected to work on your own to implement changes but to seek out help from your peers and colleagues within your team and organisation.
● Improving patient outcomes
● Diagnosis: how well is your team performing?
● Selecting team members
● Creating and sustaining a learning environment
● Performance management
● Understanding change and its impact on team performance
● Implementing systems to support effective team working
● Involving patients in their care
● Measuring performance
Keywords: improving care, patient outcomes