1. The Need for New Paradigms in Safety Engineering
Nancy G. Leveson
2. Risk Management: the Economics and Mor ality of Safety Revisited
3. The Morality and Economics of Safety in Defence Procurement
4. Safety Expenditur e: wher e should we draw the
5. Hazard Management with DOORS: Rail Infrastructure Projects
Dave Hughes, Amer Saeed
6. Dependable Risk Analysis for Systems with E/E/PE Components: Two Case Studies
Jörn Stuphorn, Bernd Sieker, Peter B. Ladkin
7. Accidents – Policy and Punishment Are there boundar ies to the effectiveness of cr iminal sanctions in preventing accidental conduct?
8. Professional Issues in System Safety Engineering
John McDermid, Martyn Thomas, Felix Redmill
9. Certification of FPGAs - Current Issues and Possible Solutions
Iain Bate, Philippa Conmy
10. What is Clinical Safety in Electronic Health Care Record Systems?
11. Back to Basics: Risk Matr ices and ALARP
Glen Wilkinson, Rhys David
12. Safety Case Development as an Information Modelling Problem
13. Safety Process Measur ement – Are we ther e yet?
14. Software Testing and IEC 61508 – Project Case Study and Further Thoughts
Wayne Flint, Ian Gilchr ist
15. Defence Standard 00-56 Issue 4: Towards Evidence-Based Safety Standards
Cather ine Menon, Richard Hawkins, John McDermid
Keywords: COMPUTERS / Computer Science COM014000