Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Sicily is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Soak up history in charming Syracuse, hike Stromboli's lava-strewn crater, and visit crumbling castles in gorgeous hill towns - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Sicily and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Sicily:
- NEW pull-out, passport-size 'Just Landed' card with wi-fi, ATM and transport info - all you need for a smooth journey from airport to hotel
- Improved planning tools for family travellers - where to go, how to save money, plus fun stuff just for kids
- NEW Accommodation feature gathers all the information you need to plan your accommodation
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Palermo, Aeolian Islands, Western Sicily, Tyrrhenian Coast, Ionian Coast, Syracuse, Central Sicily, Mediterranean Coast, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Sicily is our most comprehensive guide to Sicily, and is perfect for discovering both popular and off-the-beaten-path experiences.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveler's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.