Lonely Planet: The world's number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet's Pocket Rome is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore the sensational sculptures and Renaissance masterpieces at Villa Borghese, experience the awe-inspiring ancient amphitheatre that is the Colosseum, and walk one of the world's oldest roads: the Appian Way - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Rome and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Pocket Rome:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers: Centro Storico, Tridente, Trevi, the Quirinale, Monti, Esquilino, San Giovanni, Celio, Aventino, Trastevere, Vatican City and more.
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Pocket Rome is our colourful, easy to use and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, and is packed with the best sights and experiences for a short trip or weekend away.
Want more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Italy for an in-depth guide to the country.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.
Keywords: ancient rome, aventino, celio, centro storico, esquilino, gianicolo, monti, prati, rome, rome travel guide, san giovanni, testaccio, the quirinale, trastevere, trevi, tridente, vatican city, villa borghese, italy, travel, guidebook, guide books, trip planner, best trips, travel trips, trip book, lonely planet best trips, romantic getaways, travelling book, travel advice, travel guides, adventure travel, travel and tourism, travel tips, travel guide books, travel planners