Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Spot wolves and grizzlies in Lamar Valley, watch geysers erupt in Old Faithful and Upper Geyser Basin, or get out on the water in a kayak or canoe at Jackson Lake -all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks and begin your journey now!
Inside the Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton National Parks Travel Guide:
- User-friendly highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices, emergency information, park seasonality, hiking trail junctions, viewpoints, landscapes, elevations, distances, difficulty levels, and durations
- Focused on the best - hikes, drives, and cycling tours
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, camping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, summer and winter activities, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Contextual insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, geology, wildlife, conservation
- Over 47 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Useful features - Travel with Children, Clothing and Equipment, and Day and Overnight Hikes
- Covers Yellowstone National Park area, Mammoth Country, Roosevelt Country, Canyon Country, Lake Country, Norris, Geyser Country, Bechler Region, Grand Teton National Park area, Jackson and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Yellowstone & Grand Teton , our most comprehensive guide to these two parks, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking to visit more national parks? Check out USA's National Parks, a new full-color guide that covers all 59 of the USA's national parks.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.
Keywords: guidebook, wildflowers, waterfalls, skiing, montana, wyoming, mammoth terraces, mormon row, fly, fishing, wildlife-watching, wildlife-spotting, hot springs, swimming, riding, horseback, white, water, backpacking, park, rock, tramping