Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Tibet is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike around sacred Mt Kailash, join pilgrims at the Jokhang, Tibet's holiest sanctum, or view Mt Everest unobstructed from Rongphu Monastery; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Tibet and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Tibet Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including customs, religion, history, art, architecture, literature, music, dance, landscapes
- Over 52 maps
- Covers Lhasa, Tsang, Kham, Ngari, U, Rawok, Bayi, Tashigang, Gyantse, Shigatse, Lhatse, Tingri, Nyalam, Pomi, Ganzi, Kangding, Lithang, Bathang, Baber, Zhangmu, Gongkar, Kathmandu, Chengdu, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Tibet, our most comprehensive guide to Tibet, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's China guide.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Bradley Mayhew, John Vincent Bellezza and Robert Kelly.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.