Lonely Planet: The world's number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet's England is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Ponder the mysteries of Stonehenge, visit Shakespeare's home town and take in a London show - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of England and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's England:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers London, Newcastle, Lake District, Cumbria, Yorkshire, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Midlands, the Marches, Nottingham, Cambridge, East Anglia, Oxford, Cotswolds, Canterbury, Devon, Cornwall and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's England is our most comprehensive guide to England, and is perfect for discovering both popular and offbeat experiences.
Looking for just the highlights? Check out Pocket London, Pocket Bath, Bristol & the Southwest, Pocket Oxford & the Cotswolds and Pocket The Lake District, our small, handy-sized guides featuring the top sights and attractions for a shorter visit or weekend away.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.
- Berry, Oliver
- Davenport, Fionn
- Dixon, Belinda
- Duca, Marc Di
- Harper, Damian
- Nevez, Catherine Le
- Parkes, Lorna
- Planet, Lonely
- Ward, Greg
- Lonely Planet Publications Ltd
- Publication year
- Travel Guide
- Geography, Travel
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN