Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Cruise Ports Alaska is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch the skyscrapers of downtown Vancouver disappear behind the trees of Stanley Park as you glide beneath the Lion's Gate Bridge, relive the wild drama of the gold rush era in Skagway, nose around Cold War relics amidst giant glaciers in Whittier -all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Alaska and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Cruise Ports Alaska:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, customs, etiquette
- Over 35 color maps
- Covers Seattle, Vancouver, Ketchikan, Sitka, Juneau, Glacier Bay National Park, Icy Strait Point, Petersburg, Haines, Skagway, Whittier, Seward, Anchorage, Denali National Park
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Cruise Ports Alaska, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on Alaska's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Alaska guide for a comprehensive look at all that the Alaska has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveler since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travelers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.
Keywords: alaska cruises, alaska vacation, best alaska cruises, alaska tours, alaska trips, things to do in alaska, best time to visit alaska, alaska vacation packages, alaska cruise deals, alaska travel, alaskan cruise prices, visit alaska, alaska cruise tours, cruise lines to alaska, best places to visit in alaska, alaska excursions, what to do in alaska, alaska cruise excursions, alaska adventures, places to visit in alaska, alaska land tours, hiking in alaska, alaska attractions