Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Egypt is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Wonder at the construction of the Pyramids of Giza, wander through the columned halls of the great temple complexes of Luxor, and dive through an underwater world of coral cliffs and colourful fish in the Red Sea - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Egypt and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Egypt:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Cairo & Around, the Nile Delta, Suez Canal, Sinai, Alexandria & the Mediterranean Coast, Siwa Oasis & the Western Desert, Northern Nile Valley, Luxor, Southern Nile Valley, Red Sea Coast
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Egypt is our most comprehensive guide to the country, and is designed to immerse you in the culture and help you discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
Travelling further afield? Check out Lonely Planet's Middle East for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.
Keywords: abu simbel, alexandria, aswan, beni suef, egypt, egypt guide, egypt guide book, egypt guidebook, egypt travel, egypt travel guide, egypt travel guide book, egypt travel guidebook, esna, giza, lake nasser, luxor, nile valley, pyramids, pyramids of giza, red sea, river nile, sinai, siwa oasis, suez canal, valley of the kings, western desert