Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Kenya is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Gaze at a million wildebeest migrating across the rolling savannah of the Masai Mara; try to calm your breath as you get close to big cats and mighty elephants; take your pick from national parks for mountain hiking, wildlife spotting or snorkelling. All with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Kenya and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Kenya:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, wildlife, landscapes, arts, daily life, food, tribes of Kenya, national parks and reserves
- Covers Nairobi, Southeastern Kenya, Mombasa & the South Coast, Lamu & the North Coast, Southern Rift Valley, Masai Mara & Western Kenya, Central Highlands & Laikipia, Northern Kenya, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Kenya is our most comprehensive guide to the country, and is perfect for discovering both popular and offbeat experiences.
Travelling further afield? Check out Lonely Planet's East Africa guide for a comprehensive look at all East Africa has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.
Keywords: aberdares, amboseli national park, central highlands, east africa, east africa guidebook, east africa guides, east africa travel, east africa travel guidebook, east africa travel guides, hell's gate national park, kakamega forest, kenya, kenya guide, kenya guidebook, kenya travel, kenya travel guide, kenya travel guidebook, kisite marine national park, laikipia, lake turkana, lamu, masai mara, meru national park, mombasa, mt elgon, mt kenya, mt kilimanjaro, mt longonot, nairobi, nairobi guide, nairobi guidebook, nairobi travel, nairobi travel guide, nairobi travel guidebook, samburu national reserve, southern rift valley, tsavo west national park, watamu