Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Amsterdam is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Soak up centuries of artistic masterpieces, cycle through the city's canal-woven core, and get gezellig in a brown cafe - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Amsterdam and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Amsterdam Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, art, literature, music, architecture, Dutch design
- Over 34 maps for easy navigation
- Covers Medieval Centre & Red Light District, Nieuwmarkt, Plantage & the Eastern Islands, Western Canal Ring, Southern Canal Ring, Jordaan & the West, Vondelpark & the South, De Pijp, Oosterpark & East of the Amstel, Amsterdam Noord, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Amsterdam is our most comprehensive guide to the city, and is perfect for discovering both popular and offbeat experiences.
Looking for just the highlights of Amsterdam? Pocket Amsterdam is our handy-sized guide featuring the best sights and experiences for a short break or weekend away. Want more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's The Netherlands guide.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.
Keywords: anne frank, anne frank house, anne frank huis, attraction, bicycling, book, canal belt, canals, cycling, dutch, guidebook, highlights, holland, info, information, itineraries, koninklijk paleis, language, maps, recommendations, red light district, rijksmuseum, royal palace, the netherlands, tourism, tourist, tours, tulips, van gogh museum, vondelpark, walking tours