Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Switzerland is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Ogle the glowing Matterhorn and enjoy après-ski in Zermatt, stroll Geneva's Old Town streets, hike through flower-strewn meadows, and hop aboard the Glacier express - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Switzerland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Switzerland:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, art, literature, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, the Swiss way of life
- Covers Zürich, Central Switzerland, Northern Switzerland, Mittelland, Fribourg, The Jura, Lake Geneva, Vaud, Geneva, Valais, Bernese Oberland, Ticino, Graubünden, Liechtenstein, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Switzerland is our most comprehensive guide to Switzerland, and is designed to immerse you in the culture and help you discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
Looking for wider coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Western Europe guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.
Keywords: world travel, switzerland cities, international travel, things to do in switzerland, switzerland vacation, best places to visit in switzerland, switzerland tourism, rick steves switzerland, switzerland trip, switzerland train, what to do in switzerland, switzerland honeymoon, switzerland alps, switzerland tourist attractions, where to go in switzerland, switzerland itinerary, switzerland destinations, switzerland holidays, swiss alps vacation, things to see in switzerland