Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet San Francisco is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Be impressed by the brilliance of the Golden Gate Bridge, swing down Balmy Alley for a slice of Mission life and witness some of its oldest murals, or immerse yourself in the fog and fabulousness of the city's hills on a cable-car ride; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of San Francisco and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's San Francisco Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, politics, gay pride, cuisine, wine, visual arts, literature, music, architecture
- Free, convenient pull-out sheet-map city map (included in print version), plus over 30 color maps
- Covers Golden Gate Park, Fisherman's Wharf, downtown, North Beach, Chinatown, Nob Hill, the Mission, the Castro, the Haight, Berkeley, Napa and Sonoma Valleys, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet San Francisco, our most comprehensive guide to San Francisco, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for just the highlights of San Francisco? Check out Pocket San Francisco, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's California guide for a comprehensive look at all the state has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
Keywords: berkeley;chinatown;fillmore;fisherman's wharf;golden gate park;muir woods;napa valley;nob hill;noe valley;north beach;portrero hill;russian hill;san francisco;san francisco guide;san francisco guidebook;san francisco travel;san francisco travel guide;san francisco travel guidebook;sausalito;sonoma valley;stinson beach;the castro;the haight;the mission;tiburon;