Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Pocket Hobart is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore Hobart's show-stopping Museum of Old & New Art - a force of culture combining amazing art, architecture and festivals; wander the old stone Salamanca Place warehouses, now housing bars, cafes, restaurants, galleries and performance spaces; and drive to the top of kunanyi/Mt Wellington, towering 1271m over Hobart, for some of the best views in the city; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Hobart and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Pocket Hobart:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Hobart map (included in print version), plus over eight colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers MONA, Northern Hobart, Battery Point, Sandy Bay, South Hobart, Salamanca Place, the Waterfront, Central Hobart and more.
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Pocket Hobart, a colorful, easy-to-use, and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximize a quick trip experience.
Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all of Hobart's neighbourhoods? Check out Lonely Planet's Tasmania guide.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home. Follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/lonelyplanet), Twitter (@lonelyplanet), Instagram (Instagram.com/lonelyplanet) and Snapchat (@lonelyplanet).
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
Keywords: battery point;cascade brewery;cascades female factory historic site;hobart;hobart guide;hobart guidebook;hobart travel;hobart travel guide;hobart travel guidebook;kunanyi;mona;mt wellington;salamanca place;