Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket Austin is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Jump into the icy waters of Barton Springs Pool for instant relief when the heat gets too much, catch a local band at the Continental Club or one of the hundreds of live-music venues around town, or watch the nightly exodus of America's largest urban bat colony during summer, under the Congress Avenue Bridge; at all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Austin and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket Austin:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Austin map (included in print version), plus over 15 colour neighborhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organized by neighborhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers the Warehouse District, Red River, 6th St, University of Texas Campus area, SoCo and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket Austin, a colorful, easy-to-use, and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximize a quick trip experience.
Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all of Austin's neighborhoods? Check out Lonely Planet Texas guide.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.
Keywords: austin, austin guide, austin guidebook, austin travel, austin travel guide, austin travel guidebook, barton springs pool, bob bullock texas state history museum, lyndon baines johnson (lbj) library & museum, mexic-arte museum, north america, texas, texas guide, texas guidebook, texas state capitol, texas travel, texas travel guide, texas travel guidebook, united states of america