Lonely Planet India is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Immerse yourself in the sacred city of Varanasi, wonder at the Taj Mahal in Agra, or cruise the tropical waterways of Kerala; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of India and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's India Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - yoga, spas, volunteering, festivals, religion, history, cuisine, art, literature, architecture, environment, wildlife, trekking
- Over 220 maps
- Covers Delhi, Rajasthan, Kashmir, Ladakh, Agra, Varanasi, Himachal Pradesh, Bihar, Rishikesh, West Bengal, Darjeeling, Goa, Bengaluru (Bangalore), Mumbai (Bombay), Tamil Nadu, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kerala, Andaman Islands and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet India, our most comprehensive guide to India, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for a guide focused on South India and Kerala, Goa and Mumbai or Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra? Check out Lonely Planet's South India & Kerala guide,Goa & Mumbai guide, and Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra guide for a comprehensive look at all these destinations have to offer; or Best of India, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore every day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home. Follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/lonelyplanet), Twitter (@lonelyplanet), Instagram (Instagram.com/lonelyplanet) and Snapchat (@lonelyplanet).
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
Keywords: ;agra guide;agra guidebook;agra travel;agra travel guide;agra travel guidebook;bombay guide;bombay guidebook;bombay travel;bombay travel guide;bombay travel guidebook;calcutta guide;calcutta guidebook;calcutta travel;calcutta travel guide;calcutta travel guidebook;chennai guide;chennai guidebook;chennai travel;chennai travel guide;chennai travel guidebook;delhi guide;delhi guidebook;delhi travel;delhi travel guide;delhi travel guidebook;goa guide;goa guidebook;goa travel;goa travel guide;goa travel guidebook;himachal pradesh guidebook;himachal pradesh travel;himachal pradesh travel guide;himachal pradesh travel guidebook;jaipur guide;jaipur guidebook;jaipur travel;jaipur travel guide;jaipur travel guidebook;jaisalmer guide;jaisalmer guidebook;jaisalmer travel;jaisalmer travel guide;jaisalmer travel guidebook;jodhpur guide;jodhpur guidebook;jodhpur travel;jodhpur travel guide;jodhpur travel guidebook;kashmir guide;kashmir guidebook;kashmir travel;kashmir travel guide;kashmir travel guidebook;kerala guide;kerala guidebook;kerala travel;kerala travel guide;kerala travel guidebook;kolkata guide;kolkata guidebook;kolkata travel;kolkata travel guide;kolkata travel guidebook;ladakh guide;ladakh guidebook;ladakh travel;ladakh travel guide;ladakh travel guidebook;mumbai guide;mumbai guidebook;mumbai travel;mumbai travel guide;mumbai travel guidebook;rajasthan guide;rajasthan guidebook;rajasthan travel;rajasthan travel guide;rajasthan travel guidebook;taj mahal guide;taj mahal guidebook;taj mahal travel;taj mahal travel guide;taj mahal travel guidebook;varanasi guide;varanasi guidebook;varanasi travel;varanasi travel guide;varanasi travel guidebook;