#1 best-selling guide to Beijing*
Lonely Planet Beijing is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Scale the Great Wall, sip a cocktail in an historic alleyway, or go ice skating with the locals in Houhai; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Beijing and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Beijing Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, hutong, architecture, religion, literature, visual arts, music, cinema, Peking Opera, festivals, cuisine, shopping
- Free, convenient pull-out Beijing map (included in print version), plus 30 colour maps
- Covers Chaoyang, the Forbidden City, Xicheng, Dongcheng, Sanlitun, Beihai Park, Wudaokou, Haidian, Dashilar, the Temple of Heaven and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Beijing , our most comprehensive guide to Beijing, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Beijing? Check out Pocket Beijing, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet China guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to Beijing. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA
Keywords: Chaoyang travel, Chaoyang travel guide, Chaoyang travel guidebook, Chaoyang guidebook, Chaoyang guide, Sanlitun travel, Sanlitun travel guide, Sanlitun travel guidebook, Sanlitun guidebook, Sanlitun guide, Wudaokou travel, Wudaokou travel guide, Wudaokou travel guidebook, Wudaokou guidebook, Wudaokou guide, Forbidden City travel, Forbidden City travel guide, Forbidden City travel guidebook, Forbidden City guidebook, Forbidden City guide, Temple of Heaven travel, Temple of Heaven travel guide, Temple of Heaven travel guidebook, Temple of Heaven guidebook, Temple of Heaven guide, Summer Palace travel, Summer Palace travel guide, Summer Palace travel