#1 best-selling guide to Taiwan*
Lonely Planet Taiwan is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike and swim in Wulai's lush jungle setting, check out the magical Lantern Festival in Pingxi, or cycle the green Rift Valley; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Taiwan and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Taiwan Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - festivals, cuisine, history, temples, religion, wildlife, environment, visual arts, music, indigenous arts, performance arts, cinema, literature
- Over 60 maps
- Covers Taipei, New Taipei City, Tamsui (Danshui), Taroko National Park, Hualien, Wulu, Yushan National Park, Tainan City, Sun Moon Lake, Jiji (Chichi), East Coast, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Taiwan , our most comprehensive guide to Taiwan, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Heading to China? Check out Lonely Planet China guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to Taiwan. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA
Keywords: taiwan; guidebook; guide books; trip planner; best trips; travel trips; trip book; lonely planet best trips; romantic getaways;travelling book; travel advice; travel guides; adventure travel; travel and tourism; travel tips; travel guide books; travel planners; travel essentials; places to travel; books travel; book travel; travel planning; planning a trip; vacation ideas; best vacation; travel ideas; world's best travel experiences; touring plans; tourist attractions; tour books; tours; tourist guide; tourist guide book; world best travel experiences;destinations; travel destinations; top travel destinations; dream destinations; great escapes; best escape; perfect escape; best ever travel tips; best travel tips; places to visit; places to visit before you die; cultural tourism;