Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Vienna is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Nibble your way along the market stands of the Naschmarkt, twirl at heady heights on the Prater ferris wheel, then ponder imperial excess in Schloss Schonbrunn; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Vienna and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Vienna Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including art, music, architecture, opera, history, etiquette, coffee culture, cuisine, cinema, literature, and more.
- Free, convenient pull-out Vienna map (included in print version), plus over 35 colour maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Museum Floorplans and Day Trips
- Coverage of Hofburg, Stephensdom & the Historic Centre, Karlsplatz & Around Naschmarkt, The Museum District & Neubau, Schloss Belvedere, Schloss Schonbrunn and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Vienna, our most comprehensive guide to Vienna, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Vienna? Check out Lonely Planet's Vienna Encounter, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Austria guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
Keywords: Vienna travel, Vienna travel guide, Vienna travel guidebook, Vienna, Salzburg, Hofburg, Schloss Belvedere, Schloss Schonbrunn, Belvedere, Schonbrunn, Prater, Vienna Boys' Choir, Stephensdom, MuseumsQuartier, Riesenrad, Naschmarkt, Cafe Sacher, Cafe Central, Vienna Opera, Staatsoper.