Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Tokyo is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Spend all-night in a karaoke parlour in Shinjuku, walk the forest path to Tokyo's largest Shinto shrine, Meiji-jingu, or sample the delights of Mitsukoshi's food hall; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Tokyo and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Tokyo Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, pop culture, performing arts, visual arts, tea ceremonies, cinema, literature, architecture, onsen, festivals, cuisine
- Free, convenient pull-out Tokyo map (included in print version), plus over 40 colour maps
- Covers Marunouchi, Nihombashi, Tsukiji, Ginza, Roppongi, Ebisu, Meguro, Shibuya, Harajuku, Aoyama, Shinjuku, Akihabara, Ueno, Asakusa, Odaiba, Shimo-Kitazawa, Korakuen, Yanaka, Nikko, Hakone, Hamakura, Mt Fuji and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Tokyo, our most comprehensive guide to Tokyo, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Tokyo? Check out Pocket Tokyo, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet Japan guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: ;tokyo; japan; guidebook; guide books; trip planner; best trips; travel trips; trip book; lonely planet best trips; romantic getaways;travelling book; travel advice; travel guides; adventure travel; travel and tourism; travel tips; travel guide books; travel planners; travel essentials; places to travel; books travel; book travel; travel planning; planning a trip; vacation ideas; best vacation; travel ideas; world's best travel experiences; touring plans; tourist attractions; tour books; tours; tourist guide; tourist guide book; world best travel experiences;destinations; travel destinations; top travel destinations; dream destinations; great escapes; best escape; perfect escape; best ever travel tips; best travel tips; places to visit; places to visit before you die; cultural tourism;