Lonely Planet Iran is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike among the Castles of the Assassins in Alamut Valley, Lose yourself in Esfahan's historic bazaar, or ski in the Alborz Mountains; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Iran and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Iran Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - festivals, cuisine, religion, history, architecture, literature, music, crafts, environment
- Over 50 maps
- Covers Tehran, Esfahan, Yazd, Shiraz, Persepolis, Kashan, Choqa Zanbil, Takht-e Soleiman, Tabriz, Masuleh, Mashhad, Garmeh, Alamut Valley, Alborz Mountains, Kaluts, Qeshm Island and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Iran, our most comprehensive guide to Iran, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet Middle East guide.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: alamut valley guide;alamut valley guidebook;alamut valley travel;alamut valley travel guide;alamut valley travel guidebook;alborz mountains guide;alborz mountains guidebook;alborz mountains travel;alborz mountains travel guide;alborz mountains travel guidebook;choqa zanbil guide;choqa zanbil guidebook;choqa zanbil travel;choqa zanbil travel guide;choqa zanbil travel guidebook;esfahan guide;esfahan guidebook;esfahan travel;esfahan travel guide;esfahan travel guidebook;garmeh guide;garmeh guidebook;garmeh travel;garmeh travel guide;garmeh travel guidebook;kaluts guide;kaluts guidebook;kaluts travel;kaluts travel guide;kaluts travel guidebook;kashan guide;kashan guidebook;kashan travel;kashan travel guide;kashan travel guidebook;mashhad guide;mashhad guidebook;mashhad travel;mashhad travel guide;mashhad travel guidebook;masuleh guide;masuleh guidebook;masuleh travel;masuleh travel guide;masuleh travel guidebook;persepolis guide;persepolis guidebook;persepolis travel;persepolis travel guide;persepolis travel guidebook;qeshm island guide;qeshm island guidebook;qeshm island travel;qeshm island travel guide;qeshm island travel guidebook;shiraz guide;shiraz guidebook;shiraz travel;shiraz travel guide;shiraz travel guidebook;tabriz guide;tabriz guidebook;tabriz travel;tabriz travel guide;tabriz travel guidebook;takht-e soleiman guide;takht-e soleiman guidebook;takht-e soleiman travel;takht-e soleiman travel guide;takht-e soleiman travel guidebook;tehran guide;tehran guidebook;tehran travel;tehran travel guide;tehran travel guidebook;yazd guide;yazd guidebook;yazd travel;yazd travel guide;yazd travel guidebook;