Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet New Zealand's North Island is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore still-seething volcanos and bubbling mud pools, pull on your boots to tramp or kayak a Great Walk (yes, you can!) and learn how Maori culture is so much more than just rugby and the All Blacks; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New Zealand's North Island and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet New Zealand's North Island:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - History, sport, cinema, literature, arts, music, the environment and wildlife, Maori culture and etiquette, legends, politics, customs, extreme sports, wine and foodie experiences, festivals
- Over 60 maps
- Covers Auckland, Bay of Islands & Northland, Waikato & Coromandel, Taranaki & Whanganui, Taupo & the Central Plateau, Rotorua & the Bay of Plenty, the East Coast, Wellington and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet New Zealand's North Island, our most comprehensive guide to New Zealand's North Island, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's New Zealand for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
- Looking for just the highlights? Check out Discover New Zealand, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: guidebook, book, information, tourism, Auckland, South, Island, Maori, Bay of Islands, Christchurch, Pacific, maps, planner, tips, advice, wellington, Tahiti, Regional Oceania, Northland, info, highlights, tourist, attraction, recommendations, tours, itineraries
- Atkinson, Brett
- Bennett, Sarah
- Dragicevich, Peter
- Planet, Lonely
- Rawlings-Way, Charles
- Slater, Lee
- Lonely Planet Publications Ltd
- Publication year
- Travel Guide
- Geography, Travel
- Sport, Exercise
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN