#1 best-selling guide to Guatemala*
Lonely Planet Guatemala is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Visit Tika's monumental restored temples, learn to speak Spanish while admiring picture-postcard vistas in Antigua or hike Lago de Atitlan's lakeshore trails; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Guatemala and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Guatemala Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - ancient Maya heritage, history, religion, education, sport, wildlife, literature, painting, music, architecture, handicrafts, environmental issues, cuisine, coffee
- Over 45 maps
- Covers Guatemala City, Antigua, Lago de Atitlan, Quiche, Baja Verapaz, Alta Verapaz, Copan (Honduras), El Peten, Tikal, El Mirador, Chichicastenango, Quetzaltenango, Nebaj and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Guatemala, our most comprehensive guide to the country, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet Central America on a Shoestring.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to Guatemala. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA.
Keywords: Guatemala travel, Guatemala travel books, Guatemala travel guide, Guatemala travel guidebook, Guatemala travel guide book, Guatemala guide book, Guatemala, Guatemala guide, Guatemala guidebook, Central America travel, Central America travel books, Central America travel guide, Central America travel guidebook, Central America, Central America guide, Central America guidebook, Central America travel guide book, Central America guide book, Panama Canal, Latin American Spanish, Latin American Spanish phrasebook, Latin American Spanish language guide, Latin American Spanish for travelers, Lago de Atitlan, Tikal, Chichicastenango, Tajumulco, Pacaya, Rio Dulce, Semuc Champey, Quetzaltenango, Nebaj, Guatemala City, Guatemala City travel, El Peten, El Peten travel