Lonely Planet Devon, Cornwall & the West Country is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you in this region. Secure a space on a magical dawn walk inside the massive sarsen ring at Stonehenge, forage for 200-million-year-old fossils on Dorset's Jurassic Coast, or discover the locations behind the murder plots at Agatha Christie's enchanting home in Galmpton, all with you trusted travel companion. Begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Devon, Cornwall & the West Country:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, arts, food, architecture
- Useful features - includes Need to Know, First Time, Travel with Children, Top Experiences, Great Outdoors
- Covers Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Wiltshire, Devon, Bath, Cornwall, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Devon, Cornwall & the West Country is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled in this particular region of England.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet England for a comprehensive look at all that the country has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: book, guidebook, information, tourism, highlights, tourist, attraction, recommendations, tours, itineraries, info, map, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Wiltshire, Devon, Bath, Cornwall, Agatha Christie, Stonehenge, Royal Crescent, Portsmouth, Eden Project, Salisbury, Greenway, SS Great Britain