Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet New York City is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Discover the kaleidoscopic dining scene; pick a neighborhood, lace on your walking shoes and spend the day exploring; or get lost inside the priceless collections at the sprawling Metropolitan Museum of Art, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New York City and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet New York City Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, architecture, cinema, television, politics, cuisine, LGBTI culture
- Free, convenient pull-out New York City map (included in print version), plus over 45 color maps
- Covers Lower Manhattan, SoHo, Chinatown, Lower East Side, Greenwich Village, Chelsea, Meatpacking District, Union Square, Flatiron District, Gramercy, Midtown, Upper West Side, Harlem, Brooklyn, Queens and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet New York City , our most comprehensive guide to New York City, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for just the highlights of New York City? Check out Discover New York City, a photo-rich guide focused on the city's most popular sights, or Pocket New York City, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss experiences and local insights to maximize a quick trip.
- Looking for a quick way to plan your itinerary? Check out the new Lonely Planet Make My Day New York City, a colorful uniquely interactive guide that allows you to effortlessly flip and mix and match your itinerary of top sights for morning, afternoon and evening.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out the Lonely Planet Eastern USA guide or USA guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer, or Discover USA, a photo-rich guide focused on the USA's most popular sights.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: New York, New York City, New York City travel, New York City travel guide, New York City travel guidebook, New York City guidebook, New York City guide book, New York City travel guide book, New York City guide, New York guidebook. New York guide book, New York guide, Eastern USA, Eastern USA guide, USA, USA guide, USA travel, USA travel guide book, USA guidebook, USA travel guide, USA travel guidebook, USA guide book, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Times Square, Empire State Building, Broadway, Ellis Island, Guggenheim Museum, Grand Central Terminal, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Carnegie Hall, One World Trade Center