#1 best-selling guide to Eastern USA
Lonely Planet Eastern USA is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hail a yellow cab in New York City, take in some honky-tonk in Nashville, or laze in the dunes of Cape Cod; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the Eastern USA and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Eastern USA Travel Guide:
- Color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, road trips and scenic drives, outdoor activities, wildlife, cuisine and wine
- Over 50 color maps
- Covers New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New England, Washington DC, New Orleans, Florida, the Great Lakes, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Eastern USA , our most comprehensive guide to Eastern USA, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less traveled.
- Looking for a guide focused on New York City, Washington DC, or Boston? Check out Lonely Planet's New York City guide, Washington, DC guide, or Boston guide for a comprehensive look at what each of these cities has to offer; or Lonely Planet's Pocket guides to these cities which are handy-sized guides focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick city visit.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's USA guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Best of USA, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: United; States; America; East; Coast; roadtrip; Americana; American; book; information; 2016; attractions; tours; tourist; NYC; D.C.; statue; liberty; Appalachia; Appalachian; mountains; river; Nashville; Charleston; Maine; Connecticut; Hampshire; Vermont; civil; war; trails; Lincoln; memorial; empire; state; building; white; house; revolutionary; Williamsburg; Salem; plantations; leaf-peeping; leaf; peeping; Adirondacks; Hudson; valley; trade; center; Smithsonian; Miami; Orlando; planning; visiting; things to do; things to see; vacation; holiday; expert; English; phrasebook; language; dictionary; museums; activities; points; interest; beaches; touring; getaways
- Balfour, Amy C
- Karlin, Adam
- Louis, Regis St
- O'Neill, Zora
- Planet, Lonely
- Raub, Kevin
- Vorhees, Mara
- Zimmerman, Karla
- Lonely Planet Publications Ltd
- Publication year
- Travel Guide
- Geography, Travel
- eISBN (ePUB)
- Printed ISBN