Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket Beijing is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Sample the city's most famous dish, Peking Duck; wander the ancient alleys known as hutong; and explore the world's largest palace complex at the Forbidden City; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Beijing and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket Beijing:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Beijing map (included in print version), plus more than 15 colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers the Forbidden City & Dongcheng North, the Summer Palace& Haidian, Beihai Park & Xicheng, South Chaoyang, and the Temple of Heaven Park & Dongcheng South.
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket Beijing , a colorful, easy-to-use, and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximize a quick trip experience.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all of Beijing's neighbourhoods? Check out our Lonely Planet Beijing guide.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet China or Discover China guide for a comprehensive look at all China has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Keywords: China travel, China travel guide, China travel guidebook, China, China guide, China guidebook, Beijing travel, Beijing travel guide, Beijing travel guidebook, Beijing, Beijing guide, Beijing guidebook Great Wall of China, Shanghai travel, Shanghai travel guide, Shanghai travel guidebook, Great Wall of China, Yangtze River, Beijing Forbidden City, The Bund, The Silk Road, Temple of Heaven, Tiananmen Square, Terracotta Army, Tianmen Mountain, Silk Road, Victoria Harbour