Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Grand Canyon National Park is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Go rafting on the Colorado River, ride a mule down into the Grand Canyon, or view it from above on a helicopter ride around the canyon's rim; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Grand Canyon National Park and begin your journey now!
Inside the Lonely Planet Grand Canyon Travel Guide:
- User-friendly highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices, emergency information, park seasonality, hiking trail junctions, viewpoints, landscapes, elevations, distances, difficulty levels, and durations
- Focused on the best - hikes, drives, and cycling tours
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, camping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, summer and winter activities, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Contextual insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, geology, wildlife, conservation, and Native Americans
- Over 32 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Useful features - Travel with Children, Clothing and Equipment, and Day and Overnight Hikes
- Covers Grand Canyon, Kaibab National Forest, Valle, North Rim, South Rim, Havasupai Reservation, Hualapai Reservation, Flagstaff, Sedona, Lake Mead, Hoover Dam, Las Vegas, Colorado River and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Grand Canyon National Park, our most comprehensive guide for exploring the Grand Canyon, is perfect for those interested in both the top and off-the-beaten path experiences.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards winner in Favorite Travel Guide category for 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Keywords: Southwest USA, Arizona, Las Vegas, Valle, Flagstaff, Sedona, Lake Mead, Hoover Dam, Marble Canyon, skywalk, El Tovar Hotel, Colorado River, guidebook, North America, parks, camping, backpacking, fishing, white, water, rafting, horseback, riding, mule, rock, climbing, hiking, trekking, tramping, walking, mountain, biking, cycling, bicycling, swimming, kayaking, cross-country, skiing, snowboarding, helicopter, airplane, wildlife-spotting, wildlife-watching, book, information, mountaineering, tourism, highlights, tourist, attraction, recommendations, tours, itineraries, info, maps, trails, hikes, treks, adventure, campgrounds, wildlife, geology, bouldering, packing, saddle, trips, pack, trail, 4wd, four-wheel driving, canyoneering, tubing extreme, sports, skydiving, bird-watching